Eating three meals a day. Probably more. Plus snacks. Drinking a fair bit of wine. Coffee. Tea. Beer. On a weekly basis, there’s a lot of stuff that passes my lips. And you’re the same. That’s why I’ve created this: a snapshot of the top 5 things I’ve enjoyed over the past few days. A (totally random) highlights package of the best eating and drinking moments. Totally random. It could be the third course at a fine dining restaurant. It could be a cold drink from a tin can. It could be a cheese samoosa after a night on the town. And, while it might not change your life…maybe it will. There are a lot of choices out there. At least you know that if you turn to one of these you won’t be disappointed.
Fiver. Episode one.
1. The kefir water from Clarke’s. “Probiotics” and “healthy bacteria” aren’t the sexiest descriptions available, when describing a drink. But this is delicious (as well as beneficial). Chug one and see for yourself. Flavours change often but watch out for the pineapple. Winner.
2. The esquites from El Burro Tacqueria. It’s grilled corn. And cheese. It shouldn’t taste as good as it does. But it really does.
3. The Moya’s Pinot Noir 2013 from Storm Wines. I’m developing a major crush on this Hemel-en-Aarde Winery. I won’t bore you with adjectives to explain something that I am not an expert in but I remember learning about “balance” in wines from Mr David Cope. This wine is pretty much a perfect example of that. (For me, anyway).
4. Beef shin curry from a friend. If I picked one – and only one – cut from the entire carcass that consistently offers the best value for money, it is the shin. Cheap. Awesome. Underrated.
5. Broccoli, pea and goat cheese salad from The General Store. Yeah, I know. It doesn’t sound like much. But trust me. If they don’t have this available on the day (the menu changes often) don’t stress. I’ve been there three times in a week and everything has ben tip top.
Go forth and eat,